Does that make sense?
Fooding (according to me) - cooking, eating, enjoying anything related to food.
I love food. I don't always enjoy cooking it but when it's done, good Lordy do I love to eat it!
This method of stock-making is relatively quick once you get it down. 30 minutes or even less, depending on how hungry you are.
- Whole chicken or cut up.
- 5-6 Carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 a green pepper
- 1 whole onion
- Peel onion and cut off ends. I usually stick a knife in the ends to help get the juices out more quickly.
- Place chicken in a stock pot and cover with cold water.
- Add all the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, with the lid askew, so as to release the steam without evaporating too much water for at least 2 hours. *Note: the longer you simmer, the more concentrated the stock will be - and better tasting, in my opinion. I usually simmer for about 4 or 5 hours.*
- Occasionally skim off and throw away the foam that floats to the top of the stock.
- When the stock is done, strain out the veggies and add salt and pepper to taste.